Ranking higher than your competitors on Google is a must for every company. But, what if you don’t know the SEO tips and tricks that will get your e-commerce website to the top? If you’re missing out on clicks, you’re probably also missing out on sales. People use a wide range of devices to access the internet, from desktop computers and laptops to phones, tablets, and even wearables. Today smartphones have become the most common way to browse the net, taken over from desktop users. The stats show that 93% of all internet activity starts with a search query on smartphones. Therefore, a responsive e-commerce website with SEO techniques is essential.
Designing is an essential aspect of your website that can help it scale heights. Not only is the look and feel of your website important, but also the user-friendliness. And with people getting advance in technology, your e-commerce website must be mobile-friendly. Responsive websites adjust to the pixel width of the screen upon which they are being viewed, providing the same level of user experience on every device, and preserving all content necessary to maintaining such user experience. Several e-commerce sites reward their repeat visitors, as they often make up the major part of the audience of an e-commerce website’s traffic.
Read our another blog on What are the Top E-commerce Website Trends Adopted Recently?
Few Statistics Related To Responsive And SEO-Friendly E-commerce Websites
When planning for a responsive web design, do consider the following stats.
- Mobile devices are estimated to reach 79% of global internet use by the end of 2018. In other words, mobile internet usage is going to skyrocket in the coming years.
- Mobile devices are projected to reach 79% of global internet use by the end of 2018. In other words, mobile internet usage is projected to skyrocket in the coming years.
- In 2019, mobile e-commerce revenue accounted for 50% of total U.S. e-commerce revenue (50% of U.S. e-commerce revenue is already happening on mobile devices).
- 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is crucial.
- Still, 17% of small businesses with a website do not even have mobile-friendly websites.
- In 2017, 59.9% of the time spent on websites occurred on the desktop, while 40.1% on mobile. Studies have shown that websites get more mobile traffic than desktop traffic, but the time spent on the desktop website is always higher.
Importance of Building Responsive and SEO-Friendly Website
- Enhanced Access: Having a responsive website built by a web design agency, improves the accessibility of your online business to the consumer. In turn, it helps your business grow even in monetary terms.
- Accurate Selection of E-commerce Platform: With e-commerce growing, online retailers need to have the right technology to underpin their strategy. Each platform has its own set of strengths and weaknesses, but you need to select depending on what sort of functionality you would like for your top e-commerce website.
- Page Load Time: A heavy website with many images and other dynamic content would load faster on a desktop. However, the same website might take more time to load when on a mobile device. It could prove fatal to the online business as one might lose potential customers. Thus, building a mobile-optimized website would help your page to load faster.
- Google Prefers Responsive Design: Google favors responsive design over separate mobile versions: mobile versions of a site with different URLs and HTML for the main website. This difference makes it difficult for Google to index and rank the e-commerce website in searches. Building a responsive site should make it easier for Google to find, index, and crawl it on mobile.
Features Offered By E-commerce Website
- Responsive mobile/tab/desktop/laptop friendly website
- Unique website design built according to your requirement
- Easy to use admin panel
- Support for Payment Gateways like Pay Pal
- Shipping methods
- Customer product review system
- Stock / Inventory management
- Discount coupon management
Responsive Web design gives visitors a better experience of the website and hence, recommended by Google. If you are marketing your website to potential customers, the user experience will be something that you will value highly. Converting visitors to potential customers can be difficult, and hence one should maximize their chances of success by engaging users. If your target audience needs the same smooth experience on all devices, then responsive web design can be the best choice. Choose the best SEO company to optimize your website which will aid in drawing the target market for your online business.